Don’t be surprised if you suddenly notice THREE Dubai Metro stations all snazzed up in the next few months, because three of them on the Red Line will soon be upgraded, according to The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA).
Dubai Internet City, Damac Properties and UAE Exchange are soon to receive new additions, thanks to a five-year improvement plan by the RTA. The three aren’t the only ones who are set to be beautified with all the new perks, since part of the five-year plan includes that the upgrades take place for all 40 metro and marine transport stations.
The upgrades will include making it easier for pedestrians, cyclists and people of determination to access the metro
What you can expect with the new upgrades for the 3 metro stations:
- A new western entry to Dubai Internet City station
- Improving the link between Damac metro station and the Dubai Marina Tram Station (so that peak hours will be a smoother process!)
- An eastern entry will be added to the UAE Exchange station to enhance accessibility to it
- Pedestrian crossings, shaded areas and cycling tracks will also be built around the three stations
- Landscaping, and other smart initiatives to help the needs of taxis and people of determination