Reason for New Years fire at The Address Hotel confirmed

Dubai Media Office tweeted the announcement

Screen Shot 2016 01 20 At 18 22 41

Dubai Media Office confirmed earlier today that the fire that engulfed The Address Hotel Downtown  on New Years Eve was indeed caused by an electrical short circuit.

Maj Gen Khamis Al Muzeina has stated that there has been no evidence of flammable liquids such as petrol or gas playing a role in the fire.

The fire, which broke out at approximately 6.30pm on New Years Eve, started outside the hotel on the 20th floor, spreading quickly upwards due to strong winds. Firefighters, who were joined by Sheikh Mansour, son of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, had the fire out by 10.30pm. 

Read next: Watch the video: His Highness Sheikh Mansoor firefighting The Address Downtown Dubai Fire

Written By

Lovin Dubai Contributor

Comments