This UAE Hero Has Just Become One Of Only 350 Mountaineers Who Have Conquered The Seven Summits
Top of the world kind of moment happening there
Chairman of the Sharjah Department of Statistics and Community Development, Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdullah Al Thani proudly raised the UAE flag at the summit of Denali in Alaska, North America on 3 June this year. It's a proud moment for the country as the renowned mountaineer and adventurer has become one of just 350 mountaineers in the world who have conquered the Seven Summits. The Denali Summit was a challenging one for him with extremely bad weather (we're talking storms and wind speeds of 80 kilometres per hour) hampering the 28-day trip.
"I am extremely happy with this achievement, which I dedicate to the UAE and to my adventurer friends everywhere." - Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdullah Al Thani
- 25 October 2010 - Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa (elevation: 5,895m)
- 25 December 2011 - Mount Vinson Massif, Antarctica (elevation: 4,892m)
- 28 August 2012 - Mount Elbrus, Europe (elevation: 5,642m)
- 11 October 2012 - Mount Kosciuszko, Australia (elevation: 2,228m)
- 5 January 2013 - Mount Aconcagua, South America (elevation: 6,962m)
- 22 May 2013 - Mount Everest, Asia (elevation: 8,848m)
- 3 June - Denali, Alaska (elevation: 6,190m)
To reach these points, he's travelled to...
- United States