Happy Birthday BK!
The world’s tallest, and may we say hands down the most beautiful, building celebrates its birthday today, so here are eight unforgettable moments that have happened in the last eight years.
1. The official opening
January 4, 2010. The date coincided with the accession of HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
There were fireworks (of course) and an epic fountain show
2. Tom Cruise creating real life drama for Mission: Impossible 4
When he performed his own stunts outside the mid-section of the Burj Khalifa.
3. Skydive Dubai performing a BASE JUMP from the tip of the tower
Close your eyes, this is INSANE
4. In the wake of tragedy, the Burj Khalifa showed solidarity to Manchester, UK
It lights for tragedy and it lights in celebration
— PTV News (@PTVNewsOfficial) May 24, 2017
5. When big name brands had their moment in lights
Cartier, Tiffany & Co, Jaguar, and noon.com created waves when their logos shone from the 828-metre tall tower.
6. The moment Faz stood on top of the world
HH Sheikh Hamdan bravely stood at THE VERY TOP of the world to take a selfie. Rather him than us.
7. The Burj Khalifa stood tall when a thick blanket of fog covered the entire city
8. And finished 2017 with a Guinness World Record breaking light show
What a beautiful way to ring in 2018