2019: 10 Very Serious Predictions About What Dubai Has In Store This Year
From a whole lot of influencer dramas to a Lamborghini collecting fines worth hundreds of thousands of dirhams to wacky food trends - it has been an eventful year.
If you have been wondering what 2019 will look like for Dubai, your search is just about to end
Lovin just dusted off, er, its crystal ball to come up with an extremely accurate and reliable list of predictions of what 2019 has in store for Dubai. For the science, of course.
1. UAE will win the AFC Asian Cup
After a tie with Bahrain and then beating India with a 2-0, it is pretty clear that the UAE has its eyes on the prize. It is already on top of Group A with four points and we are calling it - the Asian Cup is UAE’s to win.
2. Dubai will break 32 more Guinness World Records this year
And at least nine of them will have something to do with the world’s most expensive bagel. It is covered in gold, of course.
3. A suburb will be renamed after a national bank
And Facebook groups will RAGE.
4. Rental prices will continue to drop until the end of the year
This isn’t even about the crystal ball. Do your research - the experts are calling it.
5. Michael Buble will come back to perform in Dubai
New Album? A possible world tour? It is not even a prediction, it is just math at this point.
6. Dubai Arena will open around May and it will be one of the biggest launches ever
Even by Dubai standards.
7. An influencer will post a sponsored ad…and admit it’s an ad
It could happen!
8. (At least) one celebrity chef will be opening a restaurant in Dubai
9. Speaking of Netflix, Black Mirror will have (at least) one Dubai-centric episode
And your office colleagues will not stop talking about it for the next four business days.
10. Faz will announce he is getting married
We’re already looking at rings.