This Is What The Next James Bond Movie Would Look Like If It Was Shot In Dubai
These are scarily accurate
Dubai is one of the most recognisable cities in the world and James Bond is the most iconic movie series of all time. Both stylish and classic Bond and Dubai go together like peas in a pod.
So it makes sense that Designing 007, an exhibition celebrating 50 years of Bond Style has come to Dubai and is now showing at the Burj Khalifa - nothing less for a Bond exhibit!
The exhibit has been extended until April 30, and it got us thinking, if Dubai was shooting a Bond movie, where would the ultimate iconic clips be shot. Here's what we came up with:
1. The famous beach scene from Dr. No would be filmed at Al Mamzar beach
A quieter beach than most, and surrounded by palm trees, Al Mamzar is the perfect backdrop for the famous Bond scene.
2. Bond driving the Lotus Esprit into the ocean in The Spy Who Loved Me could happen on the bridge at the Burj Al Arab, but in a MUCH slicker car
In fairness to Bond, the Lotus does turn out to be a submarine, but we think any of the supercar companies here would be happy to have a stab at an aqua mobile. Aventador-hybrid anyone?
3. The skiing off the cliff moment in The Spy Who Loved Me would be shot at Ski Dubai
Bond movies are not complete with a sick fall, although we're not sure a Ski Dubai location would look quite as cool.
4. The tank chasing scene from GoldenEye would happen at Dubai Mall
Only because something similar happened recently (but rumour has it, the guys from Amazon Prime TV motoring show Grand Tour are behind that one)
5. XDubai would have to be contacted to shoot the skydiving without a parachute scene like the one in Moonraker
A desert location would be extremely cool for this one (but maybe this time they'd make sure Bond had all the right equipment)
6. Jebel Jais mountains would be the perfect backdrop for the famous car kick in For Your Eyes Only
An unforgettable moment, Bond's enemy Emile Leopold Locque's car is balancing on the edge of a cliff. Bond shows his ruthless side, and with a simple kick the car, and Emile, are gone.
7. The famous fight scene on a crane in Casino Royale could happen anywhere in Dubai
There's no shortage of cranes in the city, but we reckon Deira, with the sights and sounds of Old Dubai, is the perfect setting for this scene.
Designing 007: Fifty Years of Bond Style is a multi-sensory experience, where screen icons, costumes, production design, exotic locations, weapons, stunts and props combine to immerse the audience in the creation and development of Bond Style over its auspicious 50 years history.
Catch the exhibition before it finishes April 30.
What else do you need to know?
The event is open daily, 10am - 11pm. It is taken place at the Annex Burj Khalifa, entrance next to the Armani Hotel.
The exhibition runs until April 30.
Check out Platinum List for ticket information.
Regular tickets start at AED 125. Kids tickets start at AED 90