26 Signs You're Not In Your Early Twenties Anymore
Over 25? We're afraid to say it but the parties over
Becoming a grown up is a slow and sad process many of us have gone through.
If any of the below sound familiar it's safe to say you're probably on the wrong side of twenty.
1. You tick the 25 - 34 year option on online questionnaires
An obvious one to start...
2. You remember the good old days of the one day hangover
...the three day hangover has you now
3. You don't understand why everyone is saying bye to Felicia
4. You've finally come to terms with the fact that you won't become a famous athlete
(Although you' still crossing your fingers for this one)
5. You no longer follow ridiculous new fashion trends
"You intentionally have big holes in your pants?...Really??"
6. Your coffee tastes have matured
"Is this ethically sourced and naturally produced from an Ethopian coffee reserve? "
7. You know what the NASDAQ is
8. You go out 'for one' drink
And actually come home after it.
9. You use words like "darn"
10. What you eat has finally started to affect the shape of your body
10. Nights out are planned out with precision and care
11. Gone are the days you used any excuse to go out...
"Is that a new shirt? We must celebrate!"
12. Now you use any excuse to stay in
"There's a bit of a chill tonight right?"..."We live in Dubai."
13. You find yourself mimicking your parents annoying habits
...and worse still you don’t stop yourself.
14. You now know not to buy the cheapest alcohol on the shelf
You've learned this the hard way.
15. Gone are the days you could sleep anywhere or on anything
16. You choose your shoes based on their practicality and comfort
The same goes for cars and handbags.
17. You genuinely consider saving some money for the future
Note: I said you consider it...not that you've actually started doing it.
18. Your Facebook news feed has changed a lot recently
Forget the days of embarrassing photos, you feed is now clogged with pictures of happy couples and new babies.
19. You actually enjoy being productive and getting stuff done at work
20. Reminiscing about crazy times has become an all too regular occurance
21. A fair amount of your salary goes on furniture for your apartment
22. You now truly understand the benefits of a high-protein low-carb diet
And you've nearly convinced yourself you never liked chips much anyway.
23. You're finally able to accept that your parents were right about most things
...Although you've yet to actually admit it to them.
24. You love living in a clean and tidy apartment
And you shudder at the thought of your university accommodation.
25. You have finally come to terms with the fact that there's nothing you enjoy more than a quite night in.
26. You're over night clubs
A sweaty box room, rammed with people and music so loud it might blow your ear drums.