The latest COVID-19 numbers in the UAE were announced on Tuesday afternoon.
873 new infections have been confirmed, taking the total number of cases in the UAE to 25,063. 1,214 new recoveries were announced, taking the total number of recoveries to 10,791.
3 people have died from the virus in the last 24 hours, taking the death toll to 227.
The DHA shared further information about the virus
#COVID19 is spread from contaminated respiratory droplets from an infected person.
— هيئة الصحة بدبي (@DHA_Dubai) May 19, 2020
LISTEN: UAE Gov Extends Lockdown From 8pm To 6am From Wednesday
READ: The UAE Has Introduced Heavier Fines for COVID-19 Rule Violators
At the public COVID-19 briefing on Monday evening, the UAE Government noted there has been some reckless behaviour, with people showing indifference to violations. In light of that, the UAE has increased fines in the public interest.
A spokesperson for the UAE Government announced the UAE will not tolerate reckless behaviour, and now, violators can expect six months in jail and fines of up to AED100k. Read the full article here.
- AED3k: every individual who refuses to wear a mask in public places
- Hosting a party or gathering; AED10k for host andAED5k for each attendee
- AED5k: Refusing to do a COVID-19 test
- AED10k: Failure to download the smart tracking app and then failure to carry your phone with you (this applies to people under quarantine)
- AED20k: Tampering with the smart tracking app
- AED3k: More than three people travelling in cars
- AED50k: Schools, gyms, cinema, parks, cafes, restaurants, pools who fail to adhere to COVID-19 restrictions
- AED5k for company, AED500 for the employee: Not wearing masks at work or offices
- AED20k: Not placing thermal cameras where required
- AED3k: Company fails to maintain 30% limit on the workforce at the office
- AED3k per person involved and AED5k for institutions: Not maintaining social distancing at work or shops/restaurants
- AED3k: Violating restrictions during sterilisation period, not maintaining social distancing
- Private tutors who continue to operate: AED30k and AED20k for the hosts the tutor
- AED10k: Fines for the company when moving workers between emirates, and the vehicle will be confiscated
The AED3k for not wearing a mask will also apply if you’re not wearing it incorrectly. There are a couple of options available online including this unisex Full Coverage Face Mask (AED29.48)