If you haven’t visited Jumeirah Golf Estates yet, take this opportunity to just GO!
The stunning sprawling greens are located next to a luxurious club house and the whole area is absolutely HUMMING with activity right now as the resort gears up to host the DP World Tour Championship for the 10th time!
And believe it or not, it’s not alllllll about the golf. Here are six reasons why even non-golfers should head to the DP World Tour Championship this year.
6. Live music all weekend long
Yup, local favourites The Maplejacks are playing both Thursday and Friday (4.30pm onwards) and Carmen & the Black Ts will take the stage on Saturday (from 4.30pm).
Nothing like afternoon drinks and live tunes eh?!
5. Craft beer bars and free golf lessons at the Championship Village
Perch on a giant bean bag and keep track of the golf on the big screens, that’s IF you don’t want to watch the players up close on the greens.
There’s plenty to do at the village with free golf lessons and f&b spots galore. Costa Coffee, craft beers and a cider garden will keep you hydrated and NKD Pizza and Baskin Robbins to keep your belly full!
4. Daily trickshot artist shows by The Trick Shot Boys
These guys are like magicians with golf clubs and absolutely worth checking out.
3. There’s also a Championship Chalet hospitality pavilion over-looking the 18th pavilion. Dream!
2. It’s the perfect spot to pack a picnic for a family day out
There are family friendly picnic areas on the 13th and 16th holes – right next to the action!
1. Face painting, a climbing wall, bouncy castle and play areas (the kids will love it!)
The important bits:
What: DP World Tour Championship
When: Thursday, November 15 to Sunday, November 18
Where: Earth Course, Jumeirah Golf Estates
Register for free admission: Visit DP World Tour Championship website