23 Things Nobody Tells You Before You Move To Dubai
A few nuggets of info people might forget to mention...
It's always difficult moving to a new city, trying to make new friends, trying to find somewhere to live, getting used to the exchange rate. It can all get a bit much...what you need is some simple life tips to get you on your way.
Lucky for you, If you're contemplating a move to the wonderfully unique Dubai, we've compiled a little list that might just help you out...
23. You need a licence to buy alcohol
22. You get so excited about saving $$$ on taxes...
..but significantly less excited when your savings go towards overpriced rent and food and booze
21. "Hello ma'am, sir" becomes a legit greeting.
And very quickly begins to sound normal.
20. There is an absolutely breathtaking skyline
...well, you may have heard this one
19. ...but it can be largely dominated by cranes
18. The road systems can be confusing
17. And the road signs aren't much help
16. Okay, someone probably mentioned it gets hot...
But NO ONE mentioned what the humidity does to your hair...oh and the water isn't too kind on your hair either
15. And the beautiful sea you've heard so much about?
GOOD LUCK taking a dip in 35 degree water my friend.
14. It's way too convenient to get deliveries to your door
13. You get used to answering the same questions over and over... "And, where are you from?"
12. It will be a while before you see an unedited movie again
11. The Fountains will begin to lose their magic
There's only so many times you can tear up to Michael Jackson.
10. You won't go to The Dubai Mall to shop
But you will go for a gawk at the fishies
9. You will end up in Rock Bottoms at least once
But only once you've hit rock bottom.
8. Dubai has the tallest building in the world but your taxi driver won't get you anywhere near it
...Which brings us back to the shoddy road signs. oh and did we mention the traffic?
7. You stop paying attention to fire alarms on the 40th floor
You shouldn't, but you do.
6. Your apartment will look the same as everyone else's
5. You only cook on special occasions
The rest of the time Ronald and the Colonel are good enough to deliver.
4. You won't get a taxi come 4pm
Shift change time until around 5.30pm
3. The walk from the Metro to The Dubai Mall takes about a year
So be prepared and wear comfy shoes
2. You need clothes for all weathers
Roasting outside, freezing inside...you just can't win!