Attention car owners and motorists!
You now have to pay a fee of AED300 when your vehicles get confiscated for either a violation or criminal offense.
The Dubai Police General Department of Traffic announced this as part of a set of new regulations, according to The Khaleej Times.
The cost of these transportation charges vary depending on the car
Prices will vary depending on the size and type of vehicle.
So if you’re car gets confiscated, the pickup costs estimates around:
- 3 tonnes- AED300 (per vehicle)
- 3-7 tonnes – AED2,200 (per vehicle)
- Anything higher than 7 tonnes – will be calculated depending on the case
Keeping the vehicle on ground for the duration of the confiscation:
- Individually-owned light vehicles at AED20/day
- Other light vehicles at AED40/day
- Heavier vehicles at AED75/day
Here’s to wishing we avoid fines altogether.