13 Tweets That Prove The Jubilee Games Happening In Dubai Are In Full Swing At The Moment
Competitive sports are a good thing and even better when they bring communities together.
Community in mention: the Ismaili Muslims.
The Ismaili Muslims have come together to celebrate excellence in sport with the Jubilee Games. Taking place in Dubai this year, the event kicked off on 22 July and runs until 29 July. It has drawn athletes, volunteers and several thousand spectators from around the world to the city. In addition to individual and team sports, it also features cultural programmes and exhibitions that community members can look forward to.
Here's what people have to say about the event so far...
1. Musicians Salim and Sulaiman have pleased all with their performance of the Jubilee Games anthem
2. A strong message from Prince Rahim
3. The beauty of the event
Such a beautiful thing to see people from all backgrounds, cultures & countries come together to celebrate an admirable event🙂 #JubileeGames— Saara Rondo (@SaaraRondo) July 23, 2016
4. People are loving the unity
if #JubileeGames doesn't exemplify the brotherhood in Islam, idk what will— Sanobar (@SanobarV) July 23, 2016
5. Lots happening with team Uganda
6. Quite an impactful opening
Had chills walking through Jubilee Games Opening Ceremony #JubileeGames— Ahad Ali (@AhadAli2423) July 24, 2016
7. Pakistanis join in with 174 players at the Jubilee Games
8. This community member wishes to be in Dubai right now
Low key pretty jealous of everyone in Dubai right now... #JubileeGames— Shaaz Gillani (@Shaazilicious) July 24, 2016
9. Some are suffering serious FOMO
10. A message to all Canadians from Justin Trudeau
Good luck to the 300 Canadian Ismaili athletes competing in this week's #JubileeGames! I know you'll represent us well.— Justin Trudeau (@JustinTrudeau) July 23, 2016
11. Strengthening bonds
Just beat the UAE host team, on to the semis! #JubileeGames— Naushad Lalani (@naushadL25) July 26, 2016