17 Reasons NOT To Live In Dubai Marina
Sometimes, life in the Marina isn't all it's cracked up to be...
The Marina: home to the world's most luxurious apartments, best new restaurants and swankiest hotels... but here at the Lovin office, we're not sure it lives up to the hype (we're perfectly qualified because most of us have lived there at one stage or another).
Below are 17 reasons NOT to live in the Marina. If you've got anymore - or would like to tell us why the marina is sooo great - get in touch!
1. Trying to get a taxi is a nightmare
Particularly when you're all dressed up for brunch.
2. It's always rush hour in the marina
You're seriously trying to get from A to B at 6pm? HA.
3. Fantasies of a sea view are usually just that
4. The Waitrose queue is longer than the one at Etisalat...
And the empty checkouts do nothing to calm your frustration.
5. ...but the big Carrefour is just a little too far away
(It's not really that far, but you're scared of being sucked into a traffic-shaped hole - never to be seen again)
6. You're always expected to host the house parties
...but let's face it, you're delighted you never have to leave the house.
7. It's impossible to take a quiet walk along the Marina...
You WILL be interrupted by a selfie stick to the face from some eager tourists.
8. You'll never get used to those pedal karts that tourists keep renting
You wouldn't use one at home, why do you insist on using one here?
9. The tram is more confusing than it looks
And you'll probably go the wrong way at least once.
10. It's not Karama, and it's not OK to ask for a discount here
But give it a go for a laugh, we dare you.
11. The traffic lights hold the record for the world's longest wait time
This is not yet a verified fact, but we've lost good people in the vain quest to find out.
12. Parking spaces are things of myth and legend
"Even below ground?" It's just not gonna happen my friend.
13. Half of your pay cheque goes on rent
And you still live in fear of bed bugs.
14. There are no schools in the area
Although we won't judge you for secretly thinking this is great.
15. Most buildings don't allow pets, but someone always has one
16. Shark infested waters
Seriously, this is now a genuine concern. Although apparently he's now fin-ished his Marina tour (sorry, couldn't resist).
17. The never ending construction work
Did you seriously think it'd be over by 2020? Well, we've got some news.