15 Awkward Moments You'll Know If You Use Tinder In Dubai
Tinder. Ask anyone you know and they'll have certainly tried the popular dating app at some point. It's perfect really, you may not have time to go to the club or a bar, but you still have access to Dubai's dating scene at your fingertips. Swipe right if you like, swipe left if you don't. Simple.
But, as with dating in 'real life', Tinder comes with it's own particular set of awkward moments; from the difficulties of striking up a decent conversation, (why is it so hard?) to the whole 'like' / 'super like' dilemma (and a whole lot more). Here are some of our favourites...
*Are you brave enough to share your most awkward Tinder moments with us? We'd LOVE to hear them. (PM us if you wish to remain anonymous) We'll compile a list of Dubai's most 'awkward Tinder moments' - and then at least somebody can take joy out of your pain.
1. When you start a conversation but get no response
The 21st century mystery. Was it an accidental like? Or, on second glance, did they realise they're not interested?... We'd rather not know.
2. When you change your profile picture hoping to score some more matches...but still get none
3. When you wave at a familiar face in Barasti, but then realise you recognise them from Tinder
Happens to us all, right?
4. When you pay to update the app so you can expand the distance settings
5. When the conversation starts with 'how are you?' and you immediately know it will never work
6. When you see someone you know...
7. When the only matches you get are from people who'll expect you to pay
Lads in particular; you know what we mean....
8. When you realise you both have a different definition of the term 'netflix and chill'
9. When you match with someone you've already matched with on Happn
It Happns(!). And it's only awkward because neither of you are brave enough to start a conversation