This Is A Bucket-List Of Things To Do By A Musician On Tour In Dubai
Musician's come on tour to Dubai all the time. Most follow the carefully planned itinerary, chill at the hotel or pay a visit to the Burj Khalifa, few, put together a bespoke bucket-list of things they want to do.
Irish musician Gavin James will perform his first gig in Dubai at The Baggot at McGettigan's JLT on Friday. After bursting onto the scene last year with his first studio album Bitter Pill. That album became the second most downloaded album in Ireland, just behind Adele's 27, then came an act with Ed Sheeran in Dublin and with Taylor Swift in London, as well as a summer with Sam Smith in the US.
But there's more he's hoping for in Dubai other than a successful performance. Psst...we hear he's coming with his travel companion Factor 50 (for the uninitiated: that's a sun cream) because he says his 'Irish skin isn't built for that sunshine'.
So this is his bucket list...
10. A waterpark! Atlantis Aquaventure has to be on any bucketlist for Dubai!
8. Taking a leap from an airplane with Skydive Dubai!
7. Exploring the food and shops at The Walk JBR
6. The Dubai Mall using Dubai Metro to get there. I need to see the famous water fountain
5. Sunset dinner at McGettigan’s Souk Madinat Jumeirah
4. Ski Dubai at Mall of the Emirates. I’m not the best at skiing, but I just want to walk from the scorching heat outside to the snowy indoor ski slopes!
3. Burj Al Arab Skyview Bar
2. Arabian Nights desert safari. I’ve heard amazing things about this…
1. Burj Khalifa. Just to stand at the bottom and look up!
The event details
Date: Friday, 16 September
Supporting act: Craig Gallagher
Tickets: AED 120, get them on Platinum list