A Passenger Notices A 47-Year Layover On An Emirates Flight And The Community Manager's Reply Is Hilarious
A layover like no other
Skyscanner is an airline search engine passengers use to find the cheapest flight deals.
These kinds of sites and the airline industry in general can be quite a challenge for customer service agents or social media managers because they have to deal with all sorts of complaints and people.
But this employee of Skyscanner stole the show with her response...
Employee in mention: Jen, Skyscanner’s social media manager for the U.K. and Ireland.
James Lloyd was looking to book an Emirates flight from Christchurch to London.
The site suggested he take a 413,786-hour, 25-minute layover in Bangkok.
His question to Skyscanner on its Facebook page was...
"Hi Skyscanner. Just wondering what you'd recommend I do during the 47 year layover your website has suggested?"
Jen's hilarious response...
Unless you're a huge fan of The Terminal, I'd probably recommend spending those years outside of the airport, so here are a few suggestions:
• Missed Songkran but you've got another 46 years to enjoy it.
• How do you feel about heights? The Moon Bar is pretty good and it's open until 1am so you could spend a good chunk of time there.
• A cruise on the Chao Phraya river could keep you busy for a while.
• If you get peckish there's a floating market. Not only good for grub, but you could make a few mates whilst you're there. Win/win.
• Become a Tai Chi expert in Lumpini Park.
(p.s. thanks for letting me know about this - I'll get some folk to look into it!)
Since then, the post been shared 3,066 times and has received over 1,000 comments
Loads of people have joined in the discussion with many praising Skyscanner for their responses.