16 Horribly Awkward Moments You'll Know If You Use Tinder In Dubai
Shout out to hitting no.16 and still being a single pringle
Tinder...It's perfect really, you may not have time to go to the club or a bar, but you still have access to Dubai's dating scene at your fingertips. Swipe right if you like, swipe left if you don't. Simple. (Ask anyone you know, they'll probably have tried it)
But, as with dating in 'real life', Tinder comes with it's own particular set of awkward moments; from choosing pictures, the difficulties of striking up a decent conversation, to the whole 'like' / 'super like' dilemma. Here are the absolute worst:
1. When you start a conversation but get no response
The 21st century mystery. Was it an accidental like? Or, on second glance, did they realise they're not interested?... We'd rather not know.
2. When you change your profile picture hoping to score some more matches...but still get none
3. When you wave at a familiar face in Barasti, but then realise you recognise them from Tinder
Happens to us all, right?
4. When you pay to update the app so you can expand the distance settings
5. When the conversation starts with 'how are you?' and you immediately know it will never work
6. When you see someone you know...
7. When the only matches you get are from people who'll expect you to pay
Lads in particular; you know what we mean....
8. When you realise you both have a different definition of the term 'netflix and chill'
9. When you match with someone you've already matched with on Happn
It Happns(!). And it's only awkward because neither of you are brave enough to start a conversation
10. When you meet in real life and they look nothing like their profile pics
11. When (after way-too-much small talk and average one-liners) they mention they're only on Tinder to make new friends
12. When a 'super-liking' spree reaps no matches
13. When you finally get a match and you're not beneath celebrating it in public
14. When you see your friend's boyfriend/girlfriend...
15. When you've been swiping for so long, your thumb beings to cramp
16. When you come to the end of the road
This is the worst of all