JLT is an extremely popular residential area in Dubai, but I can’t fathom why.
Here are 12 reasons why living there would be a terrible decision
1. Why would anyone want not one but TWO Dubai Metro links nearby
2. Evening strolls along the lakes would be more of a chore than a pleasure
3. Dining? The eclectic mix of funky hidden gems, quirky dining and tiny local spots is too much choice for anyone to handle
4. You’ll soon get bored of this green park space
5. Outdoor community activities are the worst
6. You’ll just feel bad paying way less rest than your Marina neighbours
7. You’ll need heavy duty curtains to shut out these Sheikh Zayed Road views
8. While popular spots like Nola draws outsiders to the area – no thanks!
9. Gyms within walking distance that welcome all ages put a black mark on the area
10. DON’T even get us started on the top salons you’ll have within walking distance
11. The roop top pools attached to most buildings just make us sick
12. It’s easy to get bogged down when JBR beach is just on the other side of SZR
Residents living in JLT; this is the cross you’ll have to bear