There’s a certain type of fella you meet in Dubai – the single sort that are often met via apps such as Tinder and Happn. They’re a bit wrapped up in life in Dubai and don’t always treat ladies with the utmost respect.
And they’re fairly easy to spot…most of the time.
1. He tells you he’s not a Dubai Douchebag
“I’m not like other guys.” Sure mate. Sure you’re not.
2. He’s out every ladies night
Usually doing the Cargo start and then heading to Mahiki to hit the d-floor
3. He doesn’t wear socks with his loafers
4. He wears polos on the reg
Usually a size too small, with the collar up
5. He’s at some kind of pool or beach party every weekend
6. He works out incessantly…but it never seems to be leg day
7. He looks for any excuse to take his shirt off
8. He drives a car he can’t really afford
9. He knows where all the cabin crew and teachers hang out
And is usually there, stalking his prey…”before he met you”
10. He messages you at 8pm on a Friday after brunch
11. He owns multiple low-cut singlets in various colours and sassy phrases
12. He walks into Barasti like this
13. He orders the sparkler specials at Mahiki…all the time
14. He calls everyone babe
15. He ‘really likes you’ but he’s ‘not looking for anything serious’ at the moment
16. He never sleeps over because..you know… he has ‘work early’