There is no grey area when it comes to the consumption of alcohol in Dubai: you can purchase and consume alcohol as long as you hold a liquor licence. No excuses!
And so, for residents who still don’t have one, it’s worth taking note: It’s actually SUPER EASY to get a liquor licence, all you need is a few documents (your passport, Visa, Emirates ID and a pic) and you’re good to go! PLUS there’s an AED100 discount (use code: MMI20) when you apply online right now… what are you waiting for?!
Getting your liquor licence is ridiculously easy in Dubai and it’s got so many benefits
The process is easier than ever before
Log onto MMI here and have the following ready to complete the process:
- Emirates ID
- Passport & Visa Copy
- There’s an AED100 discount off the yearly rate for anyone who applies online, for a limited time only!
Points to note: PREVIOUSLY, you needed to provide other docs, like salary certs, or tenancy contracts. But that’s all been wiped clean, ensuring the process is as smooth as possible for residents.
Also, residents of Dubai who have a visa from other Emirates only need to upload their tenancy contracts. You no longer need an NOC from the Emirate of where your visa is from.
Why do you need a liquor licence in Dubai?
Because you can shop for beverages as long as you are the owner of a valid liquor licence. So it’s pretty much a no-brainer.
It’s also worth noting that it is, in fact, a legal requirement for ANY Dubai resident who wishes to drink, transport or simply store alcohol at home to hold a valid personal liquor licence. (Tell your friends!)
The important bits:
- Apply for your licence via MMI
- You need to be non-Muslim
- You must be over 21
- A licence costs AED270 per year, but you can get an AED100 discount if you apply online (simply use code: MMI20)
- Licence holders get AED1,500 worth of discounts and vouchers, savings across 17 MMI stores, entry into the ongoing loyalty programme and AED100 for every successful friend referral *(Valid until May 2)