Do NOT be alarmed if you happen to see a whole bunch of preppy youngsters walking around with their brightly coloured name-brand tracksuits, bucket hats and bomber jackets!! It ain’t the hip-hop apocalypse, it’s just Sole DXB y’all! Just the biggest festival of contemporary culture in Dubai.
A festival that centres everything from – art to sport and fashion – around the hip-hop culture is bound to get a lil wack in terms of fashion. So, here’s celebrating some of the epic fashion statements made at the festival thus far.
12. OMG! Lovin that basic hip attitude
A basic over-sized sweater paired with some kickass matching sneakers can never do no wrong.
11. HIPSTER ALL THE WAY!
So basic yet so chic! The 1960s hippie style is making an EPIC comeback and how.
10. Leave it to the professionals to set a trend!
Big Hass, Vivian Divine and Raja Kumari graced Sole DXB with their mega personalities and iconic styles. From Big Hass’s signature bandana to Raja Kumari’s chic braids paired with chained croakies… urmm no one pull-off hip hop than the legends themselves.
9. A combo of Barbie doll meets Jenny from the block
Damn! If you mix the 70s and 80s you get THIS. Biker shorts, leather jacket and that slayin’ pile bucket hat, nods all the way.
8. Name-brand tracksuits FTW!!!
7. YAAAS! Is anyone else a lil starstruck by this stylish duo?
Talk about bringing on your a-game. If your eyes haven’t scanned down to their shoes yet then just take a moment and feast your eyes on those groovy sneakers.
6. We count this post as one because they all scream the same thing… ‘S L A Y I N G’
Those fresh poses, baggy shirts, hoddies and that oh-so-rebel look! Aaaahh #WANT!
5. Saweeet Christ!
Kinda left speechless with this look, so movin’ on…
4. Fishnet: The OG of the underground scene
That couple is twinnin’ and winnin’ with their co-ordinated ensembles that giving us MAJOR Step Up – Tyler and Andie vibes!
3. Seriously, It looks like this guy INVENTED #FASHUN!
The funky retro drop leg fanny pack paired with the blazer, silver chains and visor cap is a WINNER all the way.
2. This has gotta be the most enduring hip hop look till now!
Those oversized chains just got us staring on wide-eyed.
1. THIS IS RIGHT HERE IS WHAT SOLE DXB IS ABOUT FOLKS!
A perfect example of how one can never be too extra.