20 Reasons Why Men Should Absolutely Not Have To Pay On A First Date
Put your money away, fellas
Ah first dates.
We've all had to go on them and we've all had to negotiate the awkward 'who pays' conversation at the end.
For years it's been assumed that men should foot the bill but it's the 21st century now so it's time we started acting that way.
Here's why men shouldn't pay on first dates:
1. What if she ate more than you?
2. Women love bad boys
Nice guys finish last.
3. She picked the restaurant
You would never have picked somewhere THIS fancy.
4. You sacrificed watching the match with your mates
Wonder what the score is?
5. You're poor
You don't even know why you're here.
6. She likes Donald Trump
7. You already bought her flowers
Because you're a gentleman.
8. You may never see her again
How would she ever pay you back?
9. You missed the early bird menu
"We specifically agreed to meet before half 6."
10. She fell asleep
11. She burped
Well, that's just rude.
12. She gets paid more
"Have I mentioned I was poor?"
13. She ordered wings
14. She ordered the most expensive thing on the menu
15. She was a huge bore
When will this end?
16. She didn't even offer to use her Emirates staff card
17. It's 2017
Not the bleedin' 50s.
18. She keeps interrupting your hilarious anecdotes
19. She ordered dessert
This has gone too far.
20. And finally, she left halfway through the meal
And you will be alone forever.