16 MILLION passengers are expected to pass through Dubai Airport over the next two months.
Seriously, rub your eyes and read that again… and if you’re travelling during this insanely busy time period, you can thank your lucky stars DXB is seriouslyyyy well run.
Dubai Airports tweeted a warning to passengers; Dubai’s primary airport is gearing up to facilitate 16 million passengers over two months in what they dubbed the ‘holiday rush’.
Dubai Airports and airlines are taking steps to host the high volume during peak season
Advanced operation systems are being put in place to ensure a smooth flow of passengers…phew!
The team will closely monitor ‘pinch points’ where interruptions could happen and deploy extra staff accordingly to reduce waiting time.
A system that work: DXB reduced its wait time by an impressive 30% in Q1 2019
Travel tips for passengers
- Check departure/arrival times prior
- Arrive early/Leave a minimum of three hours for check-in and passport control
- Allow extra time for traffic en route to the airport
- Be aware of your baggage allowance
- Packing your liquids will save you time
- Check in online
- Remember to put anything metal – watch, jewellery, mobile phone, coins, belt – into your hand luggage well before you arrive at the X-ray machine
- Eligible visitors can use smart gates to avoid queuing at passport control
- More time saving tips here