The city that never sleeps has been beaten by Dubai, in a new global ranking of the world’s ‘most-visited cities.’
Pretty impressive for a not-so-large city to be able to accommodate and be part of such a list, that ranks some of the world’s other biggest cities. According to the Dubai Media Office, Euromonitor International had included the Emirates in its 2019 ranking, adding that Dubai is the first Middle East city and the seventh most-visited city in the world, beating New York, Kuala Lumpur, Istanbul and Delhi.
Why Dubai is worth the visit
Dubai is projected to have had more than 16 million visitors, an unbelievable rise from the 15.9 million people hosted last year.
16.3 million international tourist arrivals took place in Dubai this year
Why wouldn’t it be?
After all, look at this beaaauuuuuty.
The rest of the ‘Top 10’ list for the most-visited city includes Hong Kong as the lead city
- Hong Kong: 26.7 million visitors
- Bangkok: 24.1 million visitors
- London: 19.2 million visitors
- Macau: 18.9 million visitors
- Singapore: 18.5 million visitors
- Paris: 17.5 million visitors
- Dubai: 15.9 million visitors
- New York City: 13.6 million visitors
- Kuala Lumpur: 13.44 million visitors
- Istanbul: 13.43 million visitors