To mark the Islamic New Year, HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai issued a new agenda.
Six key points aimed at progress, the transparent approach to governance focused on the work of ministers, social media, Emiratisation, and progress and his son, Dubai’s Crown Prince is already taking action
Answering the call of the first point, which stated ministers should be ‘in the field, not in conferences’ Fazza was pictured at the EXPO 2020 site.
The directive from HH Sheikh Mohammed states ministers should be working among citizens and making observations on the ground, not in conference halls and the corners of forums
HH Sheikh Hamdan’s post proved he’s already taking action
“@hhshkmohd’s letter sends a clear message to all of us…leaders need to be in the field. My brother Maktoum and I along with our teams will work passionately towards achieving what’s best for the people.” – HH Sheikh Hamdan
HH Sheikh Mohammed’s six-point agenda aimed at officials and residents alike is outlined here
- Officials and ministers should be in the field, not in conferences. Working among citizens and making observations on the ground, not in conference halls and the corners of forums.
- Don’t tarnish UAE’s image on social media – Neglect on social media platforms can tarnish the reputation and long-standing credibility of the UAE built over the years. The UAE will not accept the small number of online users who taint the legacy of Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan and his vision.
- Emiratisation is the UAE’s top priority. HH Sheikh Mohammed acknowledged complaints from the public and assured residents Emiratisation is a top priority, this season the UAE will take serious actions and issue directives to that effect.
- More projects to drive the economy to the top are needed – The economy remains competitive and foreign trade is on the rise. The UAE is on the lookout for exceptional economy-driving ideas. The UAE real estate will need to adjust its pace to provide value and to avoid becoming a source of burden and imbalance to the economy
- Government departments must not ignore complaints from the public – The ultimate aim of the government is to serve the people. There are complaints on social media and some officials are not responding to public concerns. HH Sheikh Mohammed requests everyone to respect callers and deal with complaints. ‘Expanding our resources is never as important as expanding our hearts.’
- The future is bright – HH Sheikh Mohammed stated, the UAE is the best-prepared nation for the future, the fastest growing in a number of projects and the most competitive in the region.