Scroll to see if the average cost of broadband internet in the UAE reflects your bill…
A report from cable.co.uk on ‘world internet pricing’ has listed Arab countries in order of internet cost, from high-to-low and low and behold, the UAE reportedly has the highest cost of internet in the region.
This comes following news that the UAE’s TRA (Telecommunications Regulatory Authority) is attempting to curb internet costs for some users.
The release stated Syria is the cheapest with an average monthly price of AED47.74 per month, while the United Arab Emirates provides the most expensive connectivity in the region
The average costs of broadband per month…
10. Iraq AED192.54 per month
9. Kuwait AED197.50 per month
8. Lebanon AED202.90 per month
7. Libya – AED226.70 per month
6. Jordan – AED287.82 per month
5. Saudi – AED308.69 per month
4. Bahrain – AED386.41 per month
3. Oman – AED543.07 per month
2. Qatar – AED548.80 per month
1. United Arab Emirates – AED570 per month
Authorities are making efforts to curb internet costs in the UAE
Until now, Etisalat and du both offered this service, it is easy to use all you have to do is dial a certain number and subscribe to pay by the minute offer, this way you get data on demand. The problem with this, is that many people often forget to unsubscribe. So to save people from getting overcharged, TRA has advised Etisalat and du to discontinue their services.