The UAE continues to move up the ranks of world’s most powerful passports at breakneck speed.
Just in February this year, the UAE ranked at 23 but has now moved up to the ninth position in the list of the top 10 most powerful passports in the world.
Dr Anwar Gargash, the UAE’s Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, tweeted about the news
صباح الخير كافة المتابعين
اليوم احتل جواز الامارات
الترتيب 9 في المؤشر العالمي لقوة جواز السفر
بدخول 157 دوله بدون تاشيره مسبقه
— د. أنور قرقاش (@AnwarGargash) September 13, 2018
“The UAE passport has ranked at 9th position in the Global Passport Index, and now citizens can enter 157 countries without a prior visa,” said he.
The current index
As per the passport index, with a visa-free score of 155, UAE citizens can travel to 112 countries without visas, and can get visa on arrival for 45 countries, making a total of 157 countries where Emiratis don’t have to obtain a visa prior to the travel.
With this speed, the UAE’s 2017 vision to make the country’s passport among the five most powerful passports in the world by 2021 can come true in no time.
The top 10 passports
2. Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Luxembourg, Norway, Netherlands, South Korea and United States
3. Italy, France Spain, Greece, Portugal, Japan, Ireland and Canada
4. Switzerland, Belgium, Austria, Hungary and United Kingdom
5. Czech Republic, Malta, Malaysia, New Zealand and Australia
6. Slovenia, Iceland, Lithuania and Slovakia
7. Estonia, Poland and Latvia
8. Romania and Bulgaria
9. Liechtenstein and UAE
10. Cyprus and Croatia