- - 1 large ripe banana. (Unripe bananas can also work but they will be less sweet).
- - 2 tablespoons honey
- - 2 tablespoons spread peanut butter (if you are allergic skip this ingredient)
- - 2 tablespoons flour
- - 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- - 1 small cup of oats (rolled, or old fashioned)
- - 1 large egg
- - ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
- - ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- - ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- - ½ teaspoon salt
- - A handful of dark chocolate chips
- - Butter for greasing
- - Preparation time: 10 minutes
- - Cooking time 20-25 minutes
- - Serving: 5-6 medium muffins
- - Tools: a large bowl, a whisker, a muffin tray, a tablespoon.
I have always had a fear of baking. The last time I baked was two years ago and nothing could salvage the horrible brownies mix I made that day!
Fast forward two years, I decided to conquer my fear of baking by making healthy, almost guilt-free muffins, and the result was AMAZING! So after careful research and a lot of drooling over heavenly looking muffins pictures on Instagram, I came up with this simple recipe which you should definitely try for these three reasons:
- It is so easy that my three year old niece can do it (well probably she still can’t but you know what I mean).
- It is definitely healthier and cheaper than those freakishly giant muffins you see in coffee shops.
- You can make the recipe your own by adding your favorite ingredient to the mix. You can also make it gluten free.
Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F or 250 C.
Peel the banana and mash it inside a large bowl using a fork.
Add the peanut butter, honey, vanilla powder, brown sugar and mix well using a kitchen whisker.
Add the egg, baking soda, baking powder, salt, flour, oats, chocolate chips and blend all together.
Grease the muffin cavities with a little bit of butter.
Using a tablespoon, scoop the mix into each muffin cavity.
Place the muffins tray in the middle of the oven and bake on high temperature for 10 minutes. The muffins should start rising by now.
Reduce the heat to 300 F or 150 C. and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes.
Remove the muffins from the oven and enjoy eating them hot or cold.
Finished product...what do you think?!