This Hazelnut Chocolate Cake Is Best Had With Its Delish Peanut Butter Frosting
Can you believe this cake (thats right, I said cake) is healthy?!?
We have partnered with Rana Yassine from Zataar And Quinoa to bring you a series of delicious recipes.
Born and raised in Dubai, my mission is to promote healthy plant based food. Not the healthy food that takes hours to prepare, but the ones that are surprisingly easy to create, taste great and are actually GOOD for our bodies. Follow me on Twitter (@RanaYassine), Facebook (Zaatar and Quinoa), and Instagram (rana.banana)
Ingredients: (go organic where possible)
- 2 cup hazelnut flour
- 3 cup dates
- 1 medium ripe Avocado
- 1 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1 tsp coffee
- 2 tbsp of flax seed
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup soaked dates
- 2 tbsp peanut butter ( My homemade recipe ehre https://zaatarandquinoa.com/2014/07/18/homemade-peanut-butter/)
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
1. Combine dates, oil,avocado, vanilla and milk in a food processor and run until you have a smooth and creamy mixture.
2. In a separate bowl, add all the dry ingredients and stir together. Now add in the melted ingredients and date-mixture from previous step and begin stirring. Once it has reached the consistency of a thick pancake batter.
3. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and bake in a 7″ pie pan for 35-45 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean). Place cake on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
While the cake is baking you can begin to prepare the frosting...
1. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and run until you have a smooth and creamy mixture. If necessary, add in a dash more milk to get the desired texture. Use the picture below as a reference for what the consistency should look like.
2. Add the frosting to the cooled down cake, sprinkle with any nut/seed/dried fruit for decoration purposes. I used sesame seeds
The cake tends to be a bit crumbly so after it has been frosted I recommend putting it in the fridge.