The idea of walking into Splash brings back more nostalgic memories for fashionistas of the region, more than anything else. If like myself, you’ve grown up in the Middle East, then you’ll remember that Splash was (and still is) the go-to for dressing fancy, edgy, sports chic, trendy- for great value of money.
With hundreds of stores around the region, it’s important to sit and realise how fashion brands take up a lot of the ecological carbon footprint. By choosing to support, wear and stick to brands that empower this move- you’re helping the future live as comfortably as we’re able to.
If you were already a fan of Splash, prepare to be EVEN more obsessed thanks to these 5 ways that the new collection is changing the future of fashion:
1. Splash has designed an all-sustainable collection -inspired by the EXPO 2020 logo
And since the upcoming EXPO 2020’s primary goal is to have a sustainable impact on the future of the UAE and the world, it makes sense why Splash was inspired.
2. They recycle 5.7 million bottles- this process can actually save enough energy to power the entire UAE for 10 MINUTES
Splash is one of the largest users of recycled polyester in MENA, meaning the brand helps recycle approximately 5.7 MILLION bottles. So remember that whenever you’re wearing items from the brand, you’re contributing to greater things.
If you don’t know, now you know.
3. It’s the little things that count: Splash’ garment tags and packaging in the last four years have used FSC paper
Not only are you wearing the most luxe-lookin, trend-setting LOOKS, you’re doing it in STYLE too.
4. It was the FIRST brand in the region to find (AND use) sustainably-made cotton
The Better Cotton Initiative was taken on by Splash in the Middle East and used in all the clothing made.
5. The EXPO 2020 collection is made with both the BCI cotton & sustainable polyester added with an eco-friendly touch
So from now until the beginning of EXPO 2020, all these FAB items will be available online and through ALL Splash stores.
This collection’s designs were inspired by the rich culture of the Middle East- and it includes T-Shirts, jogging pants, co-ords AND so much more
Rockin’ that eco-jalabiya!