We asked, and you answered.
UAE residents have shared some of their plastic-pledges - that is, how they are going to change their behaviours to reduce the use of plastic.
It's in conjunction with the launch of the adidas X Parley UltraBOOST shoes - that are made from approximately 11 recycled plastic bottles per pair.
adidas has been working with Parley for the Oceans to raise awareness and reduce the amount of plastic in the world's oceans by turned the threat into thread!
And now it's your turn!
Here are a few responses from people ready to pledge against plastic. Tell us yours too!
1. 'I'll be ditching plastic straws' Joie
Single-use plastic is one of the most alarming outputs of plastic in the oceans. One of the most simplistic ways to reduce your plastic consumption is through the #StopSucking campaign - ditch those drink straws, you don't need em!
2. 'No more plastic bags when shopping' Lena
The global average amount of time that each plastic bag is used, is just 25 minutes. So taking your own bags to the supermarket means less wasted plastic, in a quick and easy way.
3. 'I'll be using my new metal straw instead of plastic ones' Yves
Yves has been clever, and is taking his own metal straw out when he wants to sip. You can buy many alternatives to plastic - from bamboo toothbrushes, to stainless steel drinking straws, getting rid of that single-use plastic.
4. 'Reduce, reuse, recycle' Rakesh
Cutting back isn't the only thing you need to do. Reusing items you already have, and recycling wherever possible is key - and Rakesh knows it!
5. 'No more buying water bottles or takeaway coffees' Tom
Plastic bottles are a real concern in the UAE. With the average UAE resident using around 450 plastic bottles per year, and not much of that getting recycled, it's best to ditch the bottles and use a filtration system.
And we asked a few of the Lovin team what their pledges are:
- Caitlyn, editor - "I'll be opting for day-to-day products that use less packaging, and no more takeout in plastic - I'll bring my own lunches."
- Casey, deputy editor - "I'll be ditching the plastic bottles, and getting a water dispenser for home. Also, no more plastic bags at the supermarket.
- Chai, motion graphics artist - "I'll be opting for glass bottles instead of plastic, and I will be boycotting plastic bags at the supermarket."
- Mariam, intern - "I'll be getting rid of plastic straws from my life - I don't need them."
Share your pledges!
Sponsored By adidas
adidas is a global designer and developer of athletic and lifestyle footwear, apparel and accessories with the mission to be the best sports brand in the world.
As an innovation and design leader, adidas engineers the best in high-performance products to make athletes better, faster and stronger and creates a range of classic and fresh lifestyle and high-fashion lines.