Before 1954, people thought running a mile in four minutes was impossible.
On May 6, Roger Bannister did it in 3:59:4, and since his achievement? It was broken again, just 46 days later and countless times since. The story has been retold as an anecdote for success for what can be achieved…
The moral is: Everyone CAN run faster, but do you dare to?
If you’re a long-distance runner, a sprinter or a jogger stepping a brave foot into the sport and simply want that ‘I-feel-amazing’ mood runners talk about, your focus should be on finding trainers to suit your needs.
Marathon season has commenced: here are six tips to improving your speed this year
The weather in Dubai is cooling, and outdoor running season is finally upon us. So, now’s the time to embrace it and get your training into gear…
- First and foremost STRETCH, STRETCH, STRETCH!! Those calve muscles, hamstrings, ankles, stretch em’ all out to avoid a muscle pull later on. Stretching also allows for greater flexibility helping you with your running form.
- Invest in a pair of lighter trainers. Lighter trainers mimic your foot’s natural movement and help to improve your stride. Plus, less weight means more energy for faster feet.
- Incorporate hills – We know, hill running is not for the faint-hearted. But heading for the hills acts as a form of resistance training, building your stamina and muscles that will have you cross that finish line.
- Consistency is key. Getting the miles in not only helps with building fitness levels, but also allows you to gain more confidence in running and get those endorphins flowing. Adding in goals to aspire too will also always push you to go faster and for longer.
- Switch it up! From interval training to other forms of cardio such as cycling or swimming, can help increase lung capacity, endurance levels and overall fitness performance, in turn helping to build up your speed.
- It’s all about the form. Nailing proper running technique means you’re less likely to get injured (GOALS!) ensuring you can continue your training regime, become more energy efficient so you have more energy to run faster!
Mo Farah better watch out!
Choose wisely: Here are our top picks of trainers that will help you reach your speed goals
Kick your training speed up a notch with Pegasus trainers
Runners across the Emirate are fans of the Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 36 and the Nike Zoom Pegasus Turbo 2, these trainers are designed to meet the needs of every runner, be it a marathon sprinter or a weekend jogger!
Designed to help you train faster, the Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 36 has been engineered to target breathability across high-heat areas – perfect for these Dubai temps. Whilst the Nike Zoom Pegasus Turbo 2 brings revolutionary responsiveness to your long-distance training.
Both these trainers are available across Dubai stores and at reasonable price points.
The debut neon kicks are very slick – and you won’t be missed!
Perfect for when your family and friends are out supporting your race!