Ahhhhh the Oscars, not only an homage to the incredible year of film that has passed, but also a sneak-peek of style trends for the year to come.
The attention of the entire world is focused on that famous red carpet and the style stakes are HIGH.
2019 brought us some AH-MAYZINGGGGG looks, (attention MUST be paid to Kendall Jenner’s Vanity Fair after-party look) however, this post is devoted to the undisputed queen of the night, Oscar-winning Ms. Lady Gaga, who threw it back to old school Hollywood glam with this extravagant updo.
Recreate Lady Gaga’s frosty, sculptural Audrey Hepburn inspired updo
Gaga’s stylist for the big event explained the important deets for any stylish updo
Frederic Aspiras told E! News they allowed plenty of time ahead of the event, ‘you need to treat your ‘do like a sculpture’.
Hair prep is key; start with smooth, shiny hair, and use lots (LOTS) of hair pins to keep it in place.
For a sleek look; shampoo and condition with TRESemmé’s Ultimate Hydration range, spritz with TRESemmé’s heat protection spray and keep it all in place with TRESemmé’s Freeze Hold Salon Finish hair spray. Your hair will not BUDGE.
Here’s the look step-by-step according to Aspiras
- Comb through wet hair using a wide tooth comb.
- Section hair into small sections, blow dry hair away from the face.
- Using a soft curl iron, curl hair from mid-shaft to ends creating a loose soft curl.
Allow the curls to cool loose.
- Spray hair at the crown and throughout curls while loosening up curls with a large paddle brush.
- Gather hair up into two ponytails (one large and one small). Larger ponytail at the crown and the small one in the back of head.
- Back comb and shape into wavy bun.
- Define curls with a curve wave wand.
- Create volume at top of head.
Shout out to Frederic Aspiras for creating this ICONIC red carpet moment
Lady Gaga – a star was truly born. LOVE!
— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) February 26, 2019