7 Alternative (And Slightly Ridiculous) Ways To Cool Down This Summer
Because sometimes the AC breaks
Despite being the mildest June we've had in years, the harsh summer is beginning to rear it's ugly, humid head and, in the past few weeks, the weather has been heating up.
Because we have yet to manufacture our own personal AC units (Lovin Dubai: patent pending) we've had to come up with some more interesting ways to keep cool during the summer months. Here are some of our faves. What ones have you tried?
1. Pay your other-half/colleague/cousin to stand at your side waving a fan
Pro's: You look like an absolute boss with your own personal fan-man.
Cons: Erm, there are none.
2. Install a makeshift fri-tent in your kitchen and live in it indefinitely
Fri-tent=fridge tent...Incredibly Stupid or Stupidly Incredible...we'll let you decide.
3. Have a friend stick cool, thin slices of cucumber all over your face
This actually works...apparently. And you can munch on the cucumber once you're done; Double win!
4. Repeat the ice bucket challenge every half hour until your skin is numb to the effects of the ice...and the heat
Who knew this charitable cause would have more than one amazing purpose? To ensure maximum body-temp droppage, the ice bucket fun will need to be continuously repeated. Expect blisters...
5. Try and snag a job at ski Dubai
Spending most of your summer in a man-made icebox is a sure way of keeping your body temperature down
6. Work up a sweat
Why? Because sweating is your body's natural way of cooling down so why not actually trying it. Not keen on exercise? Don't worry, even a light stroll in this weather should work up a fine layer of perspiration.
7. Refuse to get out of the shower until summer is over
Your roommates won't love you for it, but what do you care? You've finally found a spot that's comfortable!